Current Release Notes
AirVision Version 4.1.15 (build 15) Release Notes – May 8, 2019
Issues Found and Resolved
1. The Monthly Report has been updated to follow the same parameter Report Order logic as used in other reports in the application– place parameters with NULL Report Order at end when a mix of NULL and defined order exists, those with NULL Report Order will be listed alphabetically.
2. An issue has been resolved where deletion of a calibration phase would not properly save / reappear after saving.
3. An issue was found with generation of scheduled AIRNow reports (NOT using the specific AIRNow task) returning ‘no data’ results. This has been corrected.
4. Performance improvements have been made in the Average Data Editor linear display for large data sets.
5. The Annotations Report has been updated to better handle entries made via CTRL click batch edits;
reported time span will be per data point rather than span non sequential points.
6. A constraint error when copying calibration sequences in Data Source Details has been addressed.
7. An issue was found where some 1d or 24h interval data stopped displaying data after a prior AirVision upgrade due to some new database intervals related to sample data. This was addressed and scripts are available to resolve historical data issues if necessary – contact Agilaire support with any questions.
8. The Equation report had its header changed so that the menu item and report header match.
9. Handling of units of measure for sample blanks has been improved in the Sample Data Editor and AQSreports.
10. An issue was resolved that affected display of data for Continuous Sample data type parameters in the Realtime Tabular Display.
11. User following (carrying selected date/time ranges, etc. over into new editor tabs) has been revised so that prior selected values are NOT changed due to having used the drill down or child parameter options from within the Average Data Editor.
1. The AQI Calculation Task now has the ability to write the AQI result for site (highest value) to a
parameter using the SITE_AQI parameter template. The data will be annotated with
the responsible parameter/program/concentration information.
2. The AQS Text report now has a checkbox option for including blank records in the report output.
3. Report Order logic has been added to additional reports: Data with Flags, Annotations Report, Basic
Sample Data Export, Sample Annotations Report. Parameters with report order go first in configured
order, any parameters with null report order setting are placed after those with settings and the null parms are sorted alpha numerically.
4. The Asset Tracking editor has had the column Additional Identifier added to the display grid to allow for additional sorting / filtering options for users.
5. The AIRNow AQCSV Report can now be run for minute interval data.
6. When changing a logger to type 8864, a prompt is offered where the emulation port can be automatically updated to port 22.
7. Improvements have been made to the Site Map View display:
a. Better zoom fit to data upon load
b. Hide right panel initially, and only show it when a site is clicked on
c. Show the AQI color in the rectangle around the AQI value by default
8. Functionality has been added to the file import tool to allow for saving from files in batches and to continue processing a file even if an error is encountered. These settings are on the ‘Processing’ tab in the file import configuration. **NOTE: the data backstamp option has been moved to the ‘Advanced’ tab.**
9. A pop-up has been added when the Server Configuration->Add TCP Route option is used. The prompt
is to offer an automatic disconnect value setting for wireless / remote devices to avoid communications
Site Node Logger
1. Issue address where the input channel was disabled for Sigma Theta or Linear Theta channels but the
theta channel was enabled would cause an exception affecting the Site Node service from running
1. The ‘Enable Login’ web setting was not hiding the login link on the website when the key was set to
false; this has been corrected.
AirVision Version 4.0 (build 58) Release Notes – May 8, 2019
Issues Found and Resolved
- A revision was made to the AIRNow AQCSV Report logic to address timeout issues encountered by some users.
- An update was made to the sample data purge logic to avoid orphaned data records remaining in the database.
- An issue with the Fill Average Data Gaps utility was addressed where blank sample records were being created.
- A delete option has been added to the Asset Tracking editor. Note that deletions will not be allowed / saved if work items are associated with the asset.
- Options have been added to the File Import Configuration for handling existing data:
- Do Not Modify Existing Data – the existing record is unchanged
- Update Field Values – this will keep the existing record, and only overwrite the specific fields which have incoming data as configured in the template
- Reset Record and Overwrite – same behavior as the old “Overwrite Existing Data?” checkbox, an existing record gets deleted/cleared and a new record is written, overwrites all fields within the record.
Site Node Logger
- The logic behind the Collection, Disabled Flag, and Maintenance Flag columns of Site Node Logger Toolbox has been revised to clarify language in the pop up prompts and to NOT prompt regarding other channels when the selected channel is tied to an analog input (8872_AM module).
- The controls for the report viewer have been updated to help address some customer compliance items and to move away from a legacy version of the control.
AirVision Version 4.0 (build 36) Release Notes – January 10, 2019
Issues Found and Resolved
- Database related modifications to how calibration data is tied to parameters created potential Data Source Detail edit and configuration sync issues for systems that use the sync feature and had run it prior to the 4.0 upgrade. This is addressed in build 4.0.33 and beyond.
**If already running a 4.0 build and were using sync prior to the upgrade, contact Agilaire for a scripted correction if you prefer not to upgrade at this time.**
- The Multi Phase Calibration Report has been updated to include child parameters in the report output.
- A Modbus Instrument Configuration Report has been added.
- Support has been added for Modbus multi-threading on the 8864 logger.
- A new button ‘Build Modbus server.cfg File’ has been added to Data Source Details, allowing users to locally save a copy of the server.cfg file for review or troubleshooting.
AirVision Version 4.0 (build 20) Release Notes – December 17, 2018
Issues Found and Resolved
- The Parse Config File tool within Data Source Details can now correctly process logger dump files that have the CR/LF line terminators transposed.
- The automated logic to handle AirVision server PC name changes has been changed to update the Network Address field as well. An incorrect Network Address can cause ‘Link to Logger’ issues.
- The X Bar R Chart report has been updated so that the plus and minus drift lines are based on percentage when applicable based on calibration sequence configuration.
- The AQS report logic has been updated to use the method code from the calibration record if present. If not available, the method code from Site/Parameter configuration will be used.
- Improvements have been made so that the favorites editor and scheduled task report query configuration load faster.
- The monitor assessment forms have been updated so that if they are saved as favorites a lookback period can be defined and set to load data upon launch.
- The annotation text has been changed to be left justified on the Annotations Report.
- The default behavior of the ‘Enable AIRNow Reporting’ box getting checked during new parameter creation has been disabled.
- The Site Health Report has been updated to apply the same calibration logic as the Calibration Results report uses.
- The date/time field in the pop-up for adding data annotations has been made read-only so that annotations are only added for the data point that was initially selected.
- A database procedure causing an error for AQS text importing has been corrected.
- AirVision code has been updated to better handle extremely large digital driver lists when selections are being made within the IO tab of the logger configuration.
- Changes made to rounding logic within the application to ensure consistent display of values throughout the application.
- The file import tool will now handle blank Excel cells (previously omitted) so that values are placed into the correct destination fields.
- The AQI logic has been updated so that a resulting negative Nowcast or 24 hour PM2.5 concentration is reported as a zero (0) AQI.
- Additional ‘differs’ value relationships have been added to ADVP. There is now both a differs by percent and differs by value option.
- ADVP now offers comparison options to MDL and SQL. Referenced values are from the parameter configuration fields ‘Minimum Detectable Limit’ and ‘Practical Quantitation Limit’.
- Additional updates to PAMS functionality, contact Agilaire for a copy of the PAMS Application Note if desired.
- A new Converter Efficiency Report has been added. For results to be included, the cal result level must be set (Zero, Span, or GPT) and the parameters be assigned templates NO, NO2, or NOY.
- A column has been added to the Journal Message Log report to show the Thread ID value.
- Two new export reports have been added: Asset Export Report and Work Item Export Report.
- Comment fields have been added to the monitor assessment forms. If the LogMonitorAssessmentEntries UtilitySetting is enabled, these comments will also be included in the logbook entry.
- The Flow Rate Verification Details editor will check and alert if a prior entry exists for the selected parameter within the last 14 days.
- The data grid in the Calibration Trend Graph now allows multiple rows to be click-selected and copied (via Ctrl+V) for pasting into external applications.
- The ability to do logbook addendums has been moved from a UtilitySetting that affects all AirVision users to a group permission that can be managed on a more granular basis. The new permission is titled ‘Add Logbook Addendum’ and is under the Edit Data branch.
- Default rounding precision on newly created channels is now null rather than 1.
- The File Import Configuration editor and the Sample Data Editor now allow entries to be made with a null ‘Frequency Code’.
- Create, Read, Update, Delete security permissions and site restrictions have been extended to include the sample data and calibration editors.
- The File Import tool can now process calibration data. The calibration configuration must pre-exist, the import will NOT create calibration sequences or phases.
- When importing cal data, it finds the best matching phase for the parameter. The calibration level, if set, will filter the phase search criteria. If there are columns to denote calibration name and/or phase name, those are also used to narrow down the phase search. If there are multiple phase matches for that parameter having the same key info, the tool picks the first ordered by Enabled, Calibration Name, then by phase number.
- If end time is configured as a column it is used. If not, it will default the end time to the start time + phase duration. If no phase duration is set, it sets end time equal to start time.
- If expected value is configured as a column it is used. If not, it will default to using the configured expected value for the phase/parameter.
Site Node Logger
- A new button has been added to the Site Node Logger Toolbox utility. The ‘Show All Channel Types’ button can be toggled in the ribbon bar as desired. Channel types affected by this toggle are: General, Rolling, Avg Math, Avg Merge, External, Sigma Theta, Linear Sigma
- The Site Node Logger Status Report has been revised to represent database usage in a more easily understood format.
- The ‘Digital Outputs’ tab of the Site Node Logger Toolbox has been updated to refresh immediately upon any manual state change of an output.
- The automated restart of the AirVision Server service due to configuration changes now logs more information to assist with troubleshooting when needed.
- A ribbon button has been added to the Interactive Calibration screen with the option to ‘Add Logbook Entry’ – creating an entry with the event time set to the current time and the category defaulted to QA.
- To coincide with prior 8832 logic, the 8872 now considers a 2 bytes as a 16-bit signed integer when the channel is configured with DataFieldType=Integer and DataValueFormat=B.
- The 8872 now allows greater than 16 phases to be configured for a single calibration sequence.
- The ‘Default Value’ column in the Web Settings Editor has been set to read-only as edits to that field would not impact the actual website behavior.
AirVision Version 3.8 (build 7) Release Notes – September 5, 2018
***Due to a performance related issue addressed in this release for 8872 loggers, Agilaire considers this a MANDATORY version upgrade for all 8872s***
Issues Found and Resolved
- An issue was resolved where certain work item repeat settings caused the work item editors to load slowly.
- Updates have been made to the logic used in the Work Item editors regarding scheduling. Now each time a work item is marked “completed”, the completion logic computes the new due date (if repeat enabled) and updates the work item record with the newly computed due date.
- The Alarm to Port field has been removed from the calibration alarm configuration (non-applicable) and the ‘End Alarm on No Flag’ is checked by default on new alarm entries.
- Issue resolved where Parse Config File utility would error due to a GSI send string included in a logger dump file.
- Application logic updated to ignore leading/trailing whitespace during Parse Config File for channels, calibration sequences, phases, constants, alarms, and digital events.
- An issue was fixed where the annotation report was not wrapping annotation comment text as needed.
- An issue was resolved where calibration Affected Channels list did not show check marks for selected channels.
- Composite data options removed from report criteria selections in AQS text and XML reports.
- ‘Expected Value for Auto Correct’ column removed from calibration phase channel configuration area as it is an unused item.
- An update was made to the database size check logic to avoid false positive warnings on SQL Express databases.
- To address an EPA change, the column the null code is displayed in for calibration 1 Point QC checks was moved from column 15 to 16.
- Logic has been changed in the file import service to address an issue with existing .bad renamed files.
- RB records in the AQS reports have been updated to use the parameters round/truncate and precision settings.
- Bar graph fixed on Site Health Report for secondary parameters and exclusion of the secondary parameter section if none are configured.
- The file import logic has been updated to not truncate record times to the nearest interval IF an import template is changed from ‘average’ to ‘sample’ data type.
- An issue was resolved where certain flag colors would cause an ‘Int32’ error to occur when running the Daily Parameter Report.
- Archive and purge options have been added for audit and sample data.
- A new index has been added to one of the database tables to improve the query times of some reports.
- Work Items Editor has a new checkbox called “Reschedule Based On Actual Completion Time”. If unchecked, the scheduled repeats always fall on the exact interval of the original due date. If checked, the next due date is one interval from the completion date instead.
- The delete confirmation pop-up text has been updated to more specifically note what has been selected for deletion.
- The default contract name created by the Sync Wizard is now automatically comprised of the sync route name + the sync contract type. If desired the contract name can be edited in the grid display during the Sync Wizard process.
- ‘Day Shift’ backwards and forwards buttons have been added to the data editor ribbon bar. When used, the buttons will add or subtract one day from both the start date and the end date.
- The ‘repeat interval’ column is now displayed by default in the Work Items Editor.
- An additional field has been added to the asset details area of the Asset Tracking editor, ‘Additional Identifier’.
- Grid style report criteria have been added to the Asset Current Status and Asset History reports to allow more granular tuning of the report output.
- A ‘copy’ option has been added to the Phases tab of the calibration configuration.
- ADVP has been updated with a rule option to add a logbook entry when the rule conditions are met. These entries will include the message text as defined in the rule, along with a listing of the data points the rule was applied to.
- Method Code functionality has been added to the Asset Tracking editor.
- When editing the method code on an existing asset, if there is a parameter already assigned, that parameter will get the method code applied.
- When assigning the asset to a parameter, if there is a method code assigned to the asset, the parameter will get the method code applied.
- A new asset Type has been added – Cal Standard / Bottle. This asset type includes additional detail fields:
- Functionality has been added to convert sample data values to hourly average values to support requirements of the PAMS program. *Additional application notes are available for PAMS systems.* Using the rollup method ‘Sample to 1h Average’ will effectively take same data values, use them as synthesized 1m values, then do an average to create 1h values.
- New buttons have been added to the ribbon bar of the Data Average Rollup Configuration editor to assist with ease of setup for sample rollups:
- Create Input Tag is needed for Sample parameters. When you add a new record to the grid and select a sample-based rollup method, click Create Input Tag to select sample parameters and a tag interval that matches the rollup method.
- Create Output Parameter and Tag is useful for creating the rollup (target) parameters, especially in the case of a sample rollup.
- Create Output Tag is useful if the parameter already exists, but you just need to create a tag record for a new interval being rolled up.
- The File Import templates now have ‘Blank Type’ options for CAL and ZERO. If the sample point is marked with a blank type code of ZERO or CAL, it will be set to Exclude From Reporting. This can happen in two ways: if the template is set to ZERO orCAL lank type, or if a blank type column is defined in the template mapping and the column data equals ZERO or CAL.
- An Analyzer QA Report has been added for use with the Asset features which shows calibration results in combination with analyzer and standards / bottle information.
- Null Code selection and comment field have been added to the One Point Quality Control monitor assessment editor and are included in the AQS text report.
- An option to use the MDL as a comparison value has been added to the ADVP editor.
- Annotations applied by ADVP rules will show the ‘Made by:’ user as ‘System’.
- An option to display raw values has been added to the ‘Analyze/Export Selected’ right click menu in the Average Data Editor.
- The ability to import 1 Point QC AQS text records has been added with a selection option to import from the file as Monitor Assessment or Calibration records. NOTE- calibration records must have existing corresponding calibration configurations with a PREC phase or the import will not occur.
- A new file import sample type of JSON has been added which allows JSON formatted files to be ‘flattened’ for processing as a CSV file (to support file type outputs from some sensors). Recommended template settings:
- Number of Header Rows: 1
- Sample Type: JSON
- Delimiter: Comma (allow quotes)
- Parameter Matching: Match Parameters from Header
- Using Header Row #: 1
- In each column mapping, set the Parameter Match Name to whatever the field is called in the JSON document
- The Multi Phase Calibration report has been updated to use the phase levels of ZERO, SPAN, and PREC if no 20% level is found.
Site Node Logger
- The display logic for digital alarms in the Realtime Tabular Display has been updated. If the alarm state is set and the current state = the alarm state, the area surrounding the status text will show as red. If current state does NOT equal the alarm state it will show as green.
- Number of Cal Records field has been removed from calibration sequence screen for 8872 loggers as it is not applicable.
- A toggle option is available in Site Node Logger Toolbox to display flag description rather than just the flag.
- In Site Node Logger Toolbox, if a channel is flagged with a flag configured to invalidate data, the flag field will be highlighted yellow.
- A toggle option is available in Site Node Logger Toolbox to hide or display child parameters in the toolbox grid.
- In Site Node Logger Toolbox, if a channel’s last reading time is greater than a minute old, the timestamp field will be highlighted red.
- An issue was discovered and addressed where certain conditions could cause a slow building memory usage issue that could eventually result in the Site Node not collecting data.
- Security / vulnerability updates have been made to the application
- Report viewer updated to exclude exception details, addressing possible cross site scripting vulnerability
- use the “X-Content-Type-Options” header with “nosniff” value
- use the “X-XSS-Protection” header with value ‘1’ (enabled)
- issue a “404 – Not Found” response status code for a forbidden resource, or remove it completely
- disable debugging on Microsoft ASP.NET
AirVision Version 3.6 (build 119) Release Notes – June 5, 2018
The ‘Composite’ data type is being removed from the parameter configuration screen as part of this update. Any parameters or parameter templates in your system current assigned to the composite data type will be updated to the sample data type.
IF you are actively using the composite data type for some reason, DO NOT apply this update! Contact Agilaire to discuss your usage of the composite data type.
An important fix for 8872 errors after hard power failures is included in this release. It is STRONGLY recommended that customers with 8872 loggers upgrade their systems to this release.
Issues Found and Resolved
- The average and sample data type labels have been updated for clarity.
- The Annotations Report will now show a single entry with a start and end time span for ranges of data selected and annotated in a single action.
- A code change was corrected to remove padded blank space in the graph area of the Average Data Editor Time Series Graph.
- In the AQI Program Editor, the ‘Use Reff Forecast’ column has been more appropriately renamed to ‘Use PM25 Nowcast’.
- An issue was resolved where the parameter selection grid in some scheduled task types couldn’t be fully viewed / scrolled.
- The ‘Set to Minimum Detectible Limit’ logic has been updated to meet current EPA guidance.
- Value < MDL : flag with null code “MD”
- Value >= MDL but < Quantization Limit: flag with qualifier code “SQ”
- NO change to the data value itself
- ADVP will now use the report value (which includes application of the parameter’s round/truncate setting) when doing value based rule logic.
- The Advanced Normalization Tool (ANT) for AirVision is now available. Details can be found at https://agilaire.com/advanced-normalization-tool-ant-for-airvision/ (This is an added cost feature)
- The Database Update Utility, upon encountering an error, will now generate the AirVision exception pop up window which will allow customers to save the error report and provide it to Agilaire to assist with troubleshooting.
- The Database Update Utility, upon successfully completing required database updates, will be automatically closed out after the OK button on the success window is clicked.
- An ‘Export Grid to Excel’ button is now available in the Asset Tracking editor, allowing export and sorting / filtering as desired outside AirVision.
- New keyboard shortcuts are available to AirVision users within the Average Data Editor:
a. Control-L to load
b. Control-N Next (shift forward one interval)
c. Control-P Previous (shift back one interval)
d. Control-F5 refresh form (usable throughout client)
- The Cylinder Gas Audit report now includes the site name in the report header and also will limit reported values to three decimal places.
- The GCA/Opacity Audit Editor now has the option to remove the ‘high level’ entry from existing or newly added audit records.
- The Monitor Assessment editors no longer preload all existing entries but allow the user to specify date/site/parameter criteria before loading the historical records.
- The Monitor Assessment editors now applies site restrictions as configured within group permissions.
- Average Data Rollup logic will now carry Method Codes to the rolled up interval. If more than one Method Code exists in the sub interval data, the last one will be used.
- A new ‘Calibration Precision’ field has been added to Site/Parameter. This will allow users to specify more or less precision as desired for calibration data. It applies to cal reports, cal calculations, and the AQS output for 1 Point QC records. **NOTE- the logic to truncate ozone ppb to zero precision has been removed**
- The file import tool can now ingest .xls and .xlsx files.
- The Speciation monitor assessment editors will now automatically populate the Sample Identifier field if the parameter has a meta tag defined with name ‘SamplerIdentifier’.
- A right-click menu option has been added to the Parameter Selection grid for report and editor criteria to ‘Show Disabled Parameters’.
- New Site Group and Parameter Group editors are available in the List Editors. These allow for user customizable groupings of sites and parameters to be used in the Parameter Selection criteria grid.
- An option has been added in the file import configuration of ‘sample / non-continuous’ data types to allow the entire imported file to be assigned a blank type (field, lab, or trip).
Site Node Logger
- The Average Data and Calibration data push reports have been updated to adjust for Analyzer Units if they are configured on the parameter and the ConvertToAcquiredUnits UtilitySetting is enabled.
- Coding has been added to better handle the instances when a hard power failure causes a temp .dat file corruption.
- The poll command for Poll Site Node Logger Status has been added to the scheduled task wizard.
- Support for Modbus function code 06 has been added to the Site Node Logger, allowing Modbus instruments to write a value to a register.
- New columns are available on the IO Labels tab of the logger configuration for the 8872 that allow users to define open and closed state text for digital inputs and outputs.
Links to Older Release Note Documents: